Support PM SAI mission and requirements as a Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Engineer. As a SIGINT SME on the engineering team, candidate will serve as the team POC for all SIGINT related activities regarding hardware components, signal processing techniques, antenna design, testing, modeling, and simulation to support airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) SIGINT sensors. Candidate will provide expertise to evaluate Communications Intelligence (COMINT) and Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) solutions, algorithms, and techniques.
• Assisting in the development of system-level and operational requirements for upgrades to SIGINT systems, including remote operations
• Working with the governments requirements process and interface with the US Military requirement processes
• Providing technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill pre-development activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirement analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost evaluations
• Providing technical and engineering support necessary to meet platform requirements to include system design, upgrade, modification, testing, and deployment and systems sustainment
• Providing technical and engineering support and planning activities that are necessary to migrate systems through successive architecture revisions and upgrades
• Providing informal on-the-job-training (OJT) to familiarize civilian and military operations and sustainment personnel about hardware upgrades, capabilities, and modifications
• Providing general software engineering that is required to upgrade systems, modify existing system software, support operations and sustainment personnel with specific software capabilities.
• Providing technical and engineering expertise to assist in the timely activation of system upgrades and installation of new systems, including system design, procurement of components, creation of documentation, system build (rack and stack), and system integration and test
• Support Army Airworthiness Release process
• Providing technical and engineering support to assist civilian and military sustainment personnel to identify and isolate faulty system software and/or hardware components and restore the system(s) to full operational capabilities
• Participating in weekly classified and unclassified project and engineering meetings to review project progress and issues.
• Attend and participate various classified and unclassified Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meetings, provide engineering input to vendors and team members
• Travel Up to 50% of the time, OCONUS Travel May be required
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 12 years of RF and SIGINT engineering experience, with at least 5 years’ experience working on Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (AISR) SIGINT systems
• Active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance
• Experience in SIGINT electronics design, RF signal processing, antenna design, wave propagation, system analysis, and target acquisition
• Experience with Guardrail, EMARSS, ARL, and MQ-1C COMINT and ELINT systems
• Experience with integrating COMINT and ELINT sensors onto MQ-1C, King Air, and DCH-8 aircraft
• Experience with Local Area Network (LAN) protocols and systems
• Experience with airborne Tactical collection techniques and system
• Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) distribution and amplification
• Experience with airborne Direction finding (DF) techniques
• Experience with airborne precision geolocation techniques
• Experience with SIGINT Timing and Navigation
• Experience with NSA and Army Tactical SIGINT payloads such as Big Iron, Pennant Race, Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), etc.
• Working understanding and experience of the Army Airworthiness Release (AWR) process and system changes that could impact an AWR
• Knowledge of the latest state-of-the-art in airborne SIGINT collection systems, as well as what is currently being used commercially in order to make sound recommendations
• Experience with aircraft flight handling and general flight operations
• Familiarity with RF Antenna Systems
• A working knowledge of modern and military communications systems and protocols
About Semper Valens Solutions:
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community. At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost-effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes. We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at (520) 263-4577.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.